Spay & Neuter Clinic
Spay & Neuter Clinic Manager
OK Humane is a high-volume, affordable spay/neuter clinic that services performs an average of 65 spay/neuter surgeries a day. We also see 20 animals a day for vaccinations and general health check-ups.
We are a high energy, dynamic team that works hard every day to provide every pet that walks through our doors with care, compassion, and top-notch customer service. Want to join our team?
We are looking for a veterinary assistant! This position is the backbone of our surgery team. From assisting in surgery, answering owner’s questions, and keeping the clinic clean and organized, there is never a dull moment in a vet assistant’s day.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
• You like to MOVE! Sitting at a desk makes you antsy, and you’d rather hustle through your day than dawdle in front of a computer.
• One of your catchphrases is, “How can I help?”—you always bring your best to every situation and contribute however you can.
• Bring on the multi-tasking! You can make a sandwich, file your taxes, walk your dog AND call your grandma at the same time.
• You love the sensation that comes from being on a team and accomplishing the impossible with a solid group effort.
• Nothing would make you prouder than to be a part of an effort to reduce pet overpopulation in our community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In accordance with organizational policies, duties include but are not limited to:
• Perform daily cleaning of kennels, cages and public areas when necessary.
• Spot clean throughout the day.
• Clean prep room and operating room at the end of the day.
• Wash and sterilize all surgical packs throughout the day.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Restrain all patients during anesthesia induction and intubation.
• Monitor all patients on gas anesthesia.
• Prepare patients for surgery as instructed.
• Transport patients from prep room to operating room.
• Assist veterinarians in surgery as needed.
• Keep veterinary lead assistant informed of animal behavior, health, or concerns.
• Administer animal vaccinations, tests, medications and treatments as directed.
• Assist clients with necessary paperwork.
• Monitor patients in recovery.
• Provide excellent patient care.
• Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks.
• Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian.
• Will be asked to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner.
• Ability to follow directions and multitask.
Work may be performed in a kennel/shelter setting and/or outdoors.
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day with help.
• Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly.
• Must have good range of motion in joints especially wrist, knees, elbows.
• Must have good range of motion in your back, for instance twisting.
• Must be able to work in potentially extreme environmental temperatures.
• Must be able to use a ladder and or step stool.
• Must possess excellent hand-eye coordination.
• Must possess an acceptable degree of dexterity in hands and fingers. Exposure to disinfectant solutions when cleaning.
• Subject to animal bites and scratches while handling animals of questionable temperament.