We have an on-site adoption application and interview process. If you visit our Adoption Center and fall in love with a dog or cat, our adoption specialists will provide you with a written questionnaire and ask follow-up questions to determine if your home would be a good fit for your pet of interest. If deemed a good fit, you can complete adoption paperwork and take your new family member home immediately! OK Humane does reserve the right to decline an adoption application if a potential adopter’s home environment/lifestyle is deemed a poor fit for the animal of interest. Our Adoption Center staff is committed to finding the best match for you as well as the animals in our care.
How to adopt an animal at OK Humane
- Browse available animals online.
- Come in and get to know the animal. Play with them, take them for a quick walk, or just sit with them.
- Talk to your Adoption Counselor about the animal – their personality, history, what to expect, etc.
- Once you’ve decided to proceed with adoption, you’ll fill out the paperwork onsite and go home that day!
- Enjoy your lifetime of unconditional love.
- Adult dogs: $150
- Puppies: $250
- Adult cats: $75
- Kittens: $100
All of our pets are microchipped, spayed or neutered, treated with all age-appropriate vaccinations and flea, tick, and heartworm preventative prior to being cleared for adoption, so we put a lot of effort and monetary investment into each of our animals including a two-week quarantine period in a foster home. These adoption fees help cover the costs of our animals’ health and well-being!
- Current vaccinations
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Microchip & chip registration
- Free wellness exam
- Heartworm test (when applicable)
- Basic life skills training for dogs
- Dog food sample
- Local pet store & service discounts
Email to Meet Me
Some amazing dogs get stressed out in a kennel environment like our Adoption Center, and much prefer staying at their foster home until they find their new family. If you see a dog on our website that says “Email to Meet Me” that means that this furry friend is just a click away from getting a ride to the Adoption Center to meet you in person.