Need to rehome your dog (or owned cat)?
Before you look to rehome your pet, please consider the following resources created to help keep your pet in your home:
- Emergency Vet Care – Bella Foundation
- Free spay/neuter for OKC residents: OKC Animal Welfare
- Low cost spay/neuter, vaccinations, heartworm testing and preventative, flea + tick: OK Humane Spay + Neuter Clinic
- Pet Food Bank for OKC Residents: OKC Animal Welfare
- Free pet food and supplies to low-income seniors, veterans, homeless and those in domestic violence shelters: Pet Food Pantry
- Free dog house through the Free Doghouse Program 316-3663
- Behavior assistance tip sheets
If you are still looking to rehome your pet start with your network:
- Notify your friends, family, neighbors, and co-workers first – they may be able to help you find a new home for your pet.
- If you can keep your pet in your home, consider using Getyourpet.com or Adoptapet.com
If you don’t think you can keep your pet in your home, contact your local shelter:
- OKC Residents – Pet owner surrender
- OKC Animal Welfare takes in owned dogs and cats by appointment only. Contact the shelter to schedule your appointment.
- Keep in mind that most appointments are 2-weeks out so please plan in advance
- Live outside of OKC? Click here for a list of local shelters
OK Humane was founded to help OKC Animal Welfare and we get at least 85% of our pets from the shelter. In rare circumstances we take pets from the public – visit okhumane.org/rehome to learn more.